Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Life at it's finest.

hello

Do you remember the days of planning trips to go do something you've been wanting to do? Long days of walking the century old streets of such-and-such town; while roaming through antique stores and museums? How about making a visit to a particular spot, a few hour drive but you'll have all day just to take pictures and ooh-ahhhh over the scenery?

I do.

I miss those days. To steal what I told my husband yesterday, I hate this. I hate, hate, hate this. I can't plan and it's killing me by slaughtering my spirit one little nuance at a time. He apologized and held my hand, and for that whole moment I felt a little better. I am alone in this, but it's very nice to have someone else behind the wheel of a car at least. <3

For today, I am going to ignore the mess we made this weekend before the kids all left, and I will make the cookies that he asked me to bake for Lodge tonight. I will play Scrabble and cry because I'm doing a much better job at remembering what letters/words I was going to use. I will not get angry that I am too tired to just do whatever spontaneous thing I want to do. (Because I am such an "In-the-Moment" type of person!) And, my husband? Would you like to drive me to all of my favorite antique shops go antiquing with me this weekend? Pretty please with a cherry on top? (Seriously, I'll cook whatever you want for a week I just need to do something that screams JESSICA lives in this body!.)


Pinned Image

No comments: